Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pieces of me: Relationships and Technology



There are many pieces that make up who we are as people. These pieces often become apparent in the work we do.

One piece that makes up who I am is that I believe that relationships matter more than anything, especially in the work we do as educators. Rita Pierson once said, "Kids don't learn from people they don't like".

Some say technology gets in the way of building relationships with others. How can you connect when your face is in a screen? However, I would argue that there are many ways in which technology brings us closer together.

Take look at this ad from Apple. It represents how I feel about technology and the power it has to bring us closer together.

"The Song" - Apple's Christmas Commercial 2014: http://youtu.be/N2ubgxn8aQ8


No comments:

Post a Comment